Wednesday, July 20, 2016

A Scout's Report: My 70 Years in Baseball
by George Genovese with Dan Taylor.
Reviewed by Jerry Morris



I loved playing baseball as a kid. I loved watching my kids play baseball. I loved umpiring baseball games:  Little League, Pony League, High School, Mexican League.  I love watching baseball games on TV.   I love going to baseball games. And I love reading books about baseball.

This book, A Scout's Report:  My 70 Years in Baseball, is one of the better ones.  From Page 1 to page 244,  you will witness George Genovese reliving and breathing baseball, first as a player, then as a manger, but mostly as a baseball scout.  44 of the players George Genovese signed became major leaguers and, when you read his book, you will find out which ones went on to become stars.

No comments: